November 23, 2002

Everyone go see Bill Jones

I will try to update more often but I'm very busy you see! Anyways - here's a quick summary of Thursday and Friday:-

Went to see Bill Jones on Thursday night with Jon and Simon (2 of my housemates). She was accompanied by 2 band members - Dave Woods on guitar and Sarah Wright on flute (mostly). The gig was superb - she did my favourite songs, as well as some I'd never heard of that are quickly entering my favourites list, a re-working of Brian Bedford's "What am I bid?" being my favourite of the night, alongside an acapella duet that Bill and Sarah did together that was just amazing! Do go see if they are in your area, you will not be dissapointed. The Black Swan was packed out and the only downside of the night was that Stan Graham wasn't there as a support act. Still, booked tickets for John Wright and Maartin Allcock (not a typo) on the 12th December and hopefully Stan will be there for that!

As for Friday, spent most of the day in town doing work for my History & Geography in the Primary School assignment. York Council were very helpful, as were the staff in York Central Library. Also, spent a while trying to get a present for a friends 21st birthday, whose party I'm attending this evening. Eventually got her 2 presents and spent a while getting hassled by a lady in the Disney Store trying to convince Jon and myself to spend over £30 and get a Stich, from Lilo and Stich, for free; we declined. It just so happened that she turned up in the chipshop later that night when I was working, so I got to hassle her back ;-)

That's all for now, pip pip!

CDG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.