August 14, 2003

Getting back on track

Wow, so long without an update. A blog without an update is pretty much just a waste of electrons isn't it? Well, I'm on broadband now so there should be no more big gaps without updates. So let me just update this page to where I am in my life as of this post (briefly):



  • I'm now 21, had a birthday earlier this week, recieved much moolah, thanks family and friends ;-) As a student money is quite important and does aid in making life more comfortable. Thanks got to my housemates for getting me the excellent Law & Order series one DVD boxset.

  • The Steam Cleaner I was talking about below I sent back as it needed refilling every 7 minutes. Instead, about a month later I bought another one from Woolworths to clean our house to get our security deposit back. This has also now been sold on eBay and we've gone back to using checmicals to clean as it's so much easier!

  • Two of my friends got engaged!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to Ian and Julie for making the jump. It's so great that they've done this, I can't really explain but I can use a lot of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • I've moved house. The move wasn't too bad but then we did have help (thanks Laura and thanks bro!) The new house is smaller but we do have NTL cable digital TV so that makes it worthwhile.

  • I've found out that for my last teaching practice I'm going to be teaching Y2 just like I did in the second year, except this year I've got to do my curriculum strategy. I'm not panicking about it jsut yet as I've got this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I failed my 3rd year at Uni so am awaiting my results to see how I progressed.

  • One of my friends has split-up with her long term boyfriend. That's on here purely because I'm worried about how's she's doing. She says she's ok but I'm not sure. When Uni starts again we'll be able to check she's doing ok.

  • I've read a brilliant book that's completely changed my point of view on how to teach children to read. It's called "Why Children Can't Read: And What We Can Do About It" by Diane McGuinness. You can buy it from Amazon.co.uk.


  • There's other stuff that's happened but that's all that's coming out of my head at the moment. I'm just going to give a quick shoutout to all the students in the UK who got their A-Level results today; I hope you all get to where you want to be!

    G

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.