May 05, 2004

Today...

It's been a weird day today, there's just been a strange feeling in the air. Anyways, my day:

1) The internet has been off most of the day, it's only recently come back on. Was getting really annoyed with not being able to check e-mails/blog etc. Found I had 33 messages in my Spam folder, nice!

2) Went to Uni to see if our dissertation results were up. Of course they weren't, duh! I'm too optimistic sometimes. As I was walking around Uni though I got REALLY nostaligic and thought of the little things I'm gonna miss and some memories of Uni like:

    2a) Sitting in Temple Hall Cafe munching a sandwich and passing the time of day

    2b) In the 1st Year - waiting for a friend to get out of bed so we could get the minibus to our teaching placement schools, at 6:45 am! :P

    2c) Just waiting outside of lectures, chatting, complaining, comparing word-counts on essays, that kind of thing.

    2d) Laughing in lectures 'cause E's being really funny (she's a daft girl!)



I could go on for ages but I won't, it's just the small things like that I'm going to miss.


3) Schedule for the day was thrown off because I couldn't stop watching The Shawshank Redemption which my housemate's girlfriend bought him as a present and htey put it on a 8:30am and we all sat and watched it until it finished, 2hrs 15 minutes later!

Can't think of anything else really. Just feeling nostalgic. I'm gonna miss this place, the atmosphere, the people. I'm also left with this feeling that I didn't use my Uni life to its full potential. I should have got involved with the various Student's Union activities, maybe edited the Student's Union newsletter, or started up that network games club or something.



To quote Frank Sinata:

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I?ll say it clear,
I?ll state my case, of which I?m certain.

I?ve lived a life that?s full.
I?ve traveled each and ev?ry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.