June 06, 2004

Eeew the hot summer weather

I've just been for a little ride on my bike and I'm now all hot and sweaty, ick! There are times when I dislike summer.

Anyways, I just wanted to post this joke I've gakked from Load Of Old Tosh:

n elderly Irishman lay dying in his bed. While suffering the agonies
of
> > impending death, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favourite
> > cheese scones wafting up the stairs.
> >
> > He gathered his remaining strength, and lifted himself from the bed.
> > Leaning against the wall, he slowly made his way out of the bedroom,
and
> > with even greater effort, gripping the railing with both hands, he
>crawled
> > downstairs.
> >
> > With laboured breath, he leaned against the door frame, gazing into
the
> > kitchen. Were it not for death's agony, he would have thought
himself
> > already in heaven, for here, spread out upon waxed paper on the
kitchen
> > table were dozens of his favourite cheese scones.
> >
> > Was it heaven? Or was it one final act of heroic love from his
devoted
> > Irish wife of sixty years, seeing to it that he left this world a
happy
> > man? Mustering one great final effort, he threw himself towards the
>table,
>landing on his
> > knees in a rumpled posture. His lips parted, he could almost taste
the
> > cheese scone before it was in his mouth, seemingly bringing him back
to
> > life.
> >
> > The aged and withered hand trembled on its way to the nearest scone
at
>the
> > edge of the table, when his hand was suddenly smacked with a
> > spatula by his wife.
> >
> > "F--k off !! " she said, "they're for the funeral !!"

Tee hee!

I also just wanted to say how proud I am to be a young free man on this, the 60th anniversary of The D-Day landings. If it wasn't for the bravery of those men and women (for the women helped too!) in 1944 I honestly do not believe I'd be able to sit on my butt and waste all day watching Alias. I know, slightly cheeky but it's true and I'm proud of the men who fought to secure a bright future. God bless all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.