June 04, 2004

Hmmmmm.....

The Wright Stuff is having a debate on whether being from a single parent family is going to disadvantage children in later life. Being from the background I am I'd disagree. My parents stayed together "for the benefit of the children" and ended up fighting on a daily basis, leading to a tense atmosphere in the house and both being extremely unhappy, an unhappiness that my Mum took out on my brother, myself and herself. They eventually split up in November 2000 (2 months after I started university), in my opinion many many years after they should have done. I honestly believe that had they split up earlier my life would have been SO much easier. All the crap and mess I'm going through at the moment I would have gone through by now and be out the other end, ready to live it up and enjoy life. As it is I'm still getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.