June 09, 2004

Whoops, I went over the top even for me

Okay, I'm touchy at the moment, that goes without saying. Still, yesterday I spent most of the day by myself (a theme that is repeating with worrying regularity). I sulked a bit and got a bit paranoid (as well as playing the CSI Dark Motives PC Game). So anyways, feeling low and lonely I text Liz saying something like:

"Meh, got to go to York Hospital Radio soon, it's fun but boring. What are you and Grace doing tonight? How did the mafs test go?" (yes I know it's meant to be maths but I like my own spelling!)

I got no response.

Walking to my Hospital Radio meeting I spot people who, even now I swear were Liz and Claire (I'm still sure it was Claire), all poshed up and walking into town. I get suspicious (and jealous) and txt Stez with a short:

"Ey up mate, are you in York tonight?"

I get no response.

By now my paranoid, lonely imagination is working overtime - with ideas of Claire and Liz going to meet Stez in town and not telling me (not that it matters, it just upsets me that Liz may do something with Stez even though she's with Simon).

Anyways (to cut a long and daft story short and removing the sections where I show my intense vulnaribility) eventually I got home and the whole mess got sorted out but, on reflection it shows just how upsetting the end of Uni is for me. I'm going to be very lonely once all my university friends have gone home. Hopefully, the job I get (job-hunting starts next week) will fill up my social-life and stop me going stark-staring bonkers.

In other news - I bought a suit for the ball and Rosie's wedding and job interviews and things. It actually cost £230 in total (suit, 2 posh shirts, 2 posh ties) but if I tell my Mum that she'll go mad so I'm telling her it only cost £185 and saving my own skin.

Oh, I've also completed the CSI Dark Motives computer game. I enjoyed it as far as it went and it was longer than the previous one but it wasn't fantastic. It still bugs me how it does not stick to the show and instead has Greg doing everything (not just DNA) and Brass becomes your dogsbody instead of a detective in his own right. Examining crime scenes was fun and I enjoyed that part of the game but the options open to you are pretty limited. I can see why that has been done - we're not actually crime scene investigators so if they made it too complex it would've turned people away. Still, I would've liked to be able to swab people's hands for GSR, or finger-print EVERYTHING that I deem necessary, not to be told "You don't need to do that." Still, it was nice being part of the team for the 2nd time (and the cases were interesting and sometimes unpredictable). Roll on CSI 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.