October 07, 2004

The Friday Q

As ever, it's from http://www.fridayq.com.

FQ TOPIC: Temperature.

FQ1: What's the coldest you've ever been and where was that?

Most probably in winter when I was a young kid and still living at home. My bedroom used to be organised in such a way that the head of my bed was next to the radiator. In winter I'd be cold in my room but I couldn't have the radiator on as I'd wake up with an awful headace the next morning. So I'd be trying to get to sleep in a freezing cold bedroom, making extra sure I didn't have any bare skin poking out from underneath the duvet.

Before you point it out - I did try sleeping at the other end of the bed but it just didn't feel 'right' and I didn't sleep very well. I'm strange :P

FQ2: What's the warmest you've ever been and where was that?

I'd love to say it was whilst I was on holiday in a far-flung, exotic location but truth be told it would probably be whilst I was working for Gillygate Fisheries during summer when I was still at Uni. We'd be stuck in the chip-shop, in front of the range and there would be no breeze at all blowing into the shop. Mel had some fans but all they did was blow the hot air around. Then you'd get busy and just sweat like mad. Eeee, it were a grand job.

FQ3: If you had to choose, would you rather be too warm or too cold?

I think too cold because then you can always try and warm up with extra layers of clothing. If you're too warm sometimes taking off all your clothes doesn't help - you'll still be too warm. That's a horrible situation to be in.

FQ Ego: What's a moment you were at your coolest? Your hottest?

A moment I was at my coolest? Hmmm, probably one of the times when I've been in school and, because I keep up with these things, seem to know everything about the things children are into (pokemon, yu-gi-oh and all the rest). To the children that makes me a 'cool' teacher.

As for hot, that'll be whenever I've got on my smart black jeans and my zip-up Burton's shirt. Smokin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.