October 22, 2004

Friday

Okay, so I haven't been posting as much as I should but I've been busy watching X-Files episodes. I forgot how good this show was! :D Anyways, as a break from the TV (and the food shopping) here's the friday questions. First from The Friday Five:


When you were a child...


1. What did you want to be when you grew up and why?


I started off by wanting to be a paramedic. I had this romantic view of a paramedic's job being someone who saved everyone and who just breezed through the day, no trouble at all. Of course, I now know that's a load of bull and there's a dark side of being a paramedic (drug dens, not being able to save everyone, car accidents where bodies are mangled and all the same)


2. Who was your favorite person to do things with (excluding your parents)?


My best friend Roger. We don't keep in touch now unfortunately, but back then we were inseperable. We went everywhere together, watched movies together and so on. Only, I'd like my solitary time too so there were some days when Roger would come round and I'd say I was busy just so I could stay in and read a book. This meant Roger would go play with Andrew/Darryl instead then I'd get grumpy. :P I was an awkward sod sometimes.


3. Did you love school or did you hate it? Why? Did that change as you got older?


I enjoyed school on the whole. I loved primary school, we were always doing cool things and my teachers were just great. I wasn't the class clown but I was daft as a brush, but I did do my work. I also got respect from the class-teachers because my loud voice helped them out during school productions (I was often the narrator or had a main speaking part as the audience could actually hear me!). My love of school waned slightly in secondary school as I grew to hate P.E. (and hence days when we had P.E.) and I hated being picked on by the school dickbrains, all because I tried hard and was what they called a 'boff' (short for boffin I think). Still, once A-Levels came around it picked up, I loved my English Literature classes, I was good at Shakespeare but bad at writing essays which frustrated my teachers as I could tell them verbally what the answer should be but it wouldn't show through on paper. Tee hee.


4. Was your family close? What were your favorite family traditions?


My family traditions seemed to be fight as often as possible and spend most of the time in front of the telly. We've never been close unfortunately. My brother and I never got on with Mum (down to her terrible temper really) and Mum never got on with Dad. Fun times. We had some traditions though. We'd do the same things whenever we went to see the Grandparents - say hello, chat for a bit, have luch, walk to the forest that was close by, come back, then visit our aunty who lived close by for our tea before leaving at 7pm or so.


Christmas also, we'd spend some time at our house before going round to a close friends for 10am or somewhere around there. The adults would have a chat and a drink, the young 'uns would open some presents and watch a vid then we'd come home to open our presents and eat. I was always dying to get home and it showed I think with cries of "Can we go home yet Mum?" To aleiviate (sp?) this problem the rule changed in later years to 'we can open our presents once Dad gets up". But of course, Dad would always sleep in on Christmas day. Tee hee, I think he did it on purpose.


5. Did you think that being an adult would be cool?


Yep - you can spend money on anything you wanted, you got to drive and you got to drink. Plus no-one told you what time you had to go to bed. All the above points still hold true except work and employment intrudes on most of them. You can spend money but only if you earn it first; you can drink but only at certain times (generally in the evening which my job puts the kobosh on). And no-one tells you what time to go to bed but if you're late for work because you slept in then you're a gonner.


Hope you all enjoyed that! Now the Friday Q


FQ TOPIC: Historical.


FQ1: If you were able to visit any time period in the past, when would it be? What is it about this particular point in history that appeals to you?


I would love to go back and live in a medieval castle. If I was a time traveller I'd love to just wander about, unseen if possible so people continue about their daily business. The time of swords and bows, shopping from markets and cooking in big pots. I'd love to be able to wander through the castle and compare the lives of people in the castle with the peasents outside.


FQ2: If you could meet any person from throughout history, who would that be? What makes them so special to you?


I would love to meet Martin Luther King Jr. Despite not wanting to become a civil rights activist he followed the path life beat for himand did the best job he could. It was amazingly difficult and heartbreaking but he never gave up. I see him as a very noble and just person and I like to see those qualities in myself. I often wonder if I was in his position what would I do?


FQ3: If you could reach through time and grab a piece of historical memorabilia, what artifact would you take and what would you do with it?


Can I be a smart-ass and say I'd take my camera back with me and take photo of Jesus on the cross to put an end to all speculation? I'm not sure whether he existed or not so this would be the ultimate piece of evidence I think!


FQ Quantum Leap: You have been given a one-time-only opportunity to travel back in time and interfere with history! Would you do it? Where would you go and what would you try to change?


I'd go back and see who actually shot JFK. I wouldn't change the event, just have a good nosey around see if it was LHO or someone else. That way I'd know and somehow I'd let the police know. That would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.