October 07, 2004

I'm back

Crossposting this a day late because I got interrupted. Darn. This was yesterdays post:

Oh wow, what a great 4 days. Hmmm, I have the feeling this could be a long entry for which I apologise in advance. :D However, I want to type the entry to keep the memories alive. I could write them in a private pen-and-paper journal but seeing as I'm on the computer most of the time anyway and I type quicker (and neater) then I can write it makes sense to put them on here. So without further ado:

Trip to Rosie's - Day 1

Saturday
I was nervous as heck about everything and the day didn't get off to a good start as I couldn't find my Young Persons Railcard. This is needed as apparently tickets bought with it aren't valid when the conductor checks and you don't have it. Which makes sense as the cards do save a third on the price of tickets. So I was panicking and desperately searching, I even kept the taxi waiting 10 minutes because I just HAD to find it. Repeated searches through my bag didn't produce it earlier. I eventually left the house without it. However, like many anecdotes there's a happy ending. When I arrived at the station platform I decided to remove all my CDs from my bag (damn I need an Ipod!) and the railcard was buried at the bottom. I was so relived!

The train journey was eventful too. I was meant to be arriving in Bristol at 14:40. I had no mobile phone. There was no phone on the train. I heard from the conductor lady that the train had to be re-routed around some engineering works and was going to be late by an hour. Again I panicked and didn't know what to do. Thankfully there was a very nice young las sitting behind me who lent me her phone to send a text message to Rosie to let her know I was going to be late. However, when Rosie didn't reply I worried that I got the number wrong (yes, I know, I worry a lot!) but the girl had left the train. Thankfully (and this made me think that luck was on my side that day) a lovely old lady plonked herself next to me and started to text on her mobile phone (which was an image in itself, an old lady of 65 or more using a mobile phone) and then offered it to me to call Rosie and help myself relax (I obviously looked very worried).The lady herself was a really nice lady and had suffered through things I could sympathise with (losing her husband, lacking confidence to go out), but she also had other things to talk about like having a son who had just written a play and was having it performed in Nottingham. He'd also been in some children's TV and has written children's books too - I think his name was Robin Kingersley or something similar. We had a nice chat that was only interruptted when the lady in front told me to quieten down (I was getting quite enthusiastic about something or other). Otherwise the train journey proceeded without a hitch. Rosie was waiting for me at the station and after some hugs and grins it was off to Rosie's new house.

The house was in a bit of mess but nothing too bad. It has a big garden and a rather nice kitchen and dininig area. There were still some things to be sorted out (the utility room was a jumble of stuff) but overall it looked homeley and comfortable, and it was. We only stopped for a little while to let me unload my stuff into my room before going to Tescos to get food for tea. It's always fun food shopping with friends and this was no different as I got a peek into how Matt, Rosie and Eloise live. Matt was his usual daft self (you've never seen anyone more willing to make a plonker of himself to make his 5 year old daughter laugh) - this included walking backwards with the trolly around the supermarket then sticking a CD to his head on the drive home. After supplies it was back home where I washed up without being asked (I'm a saint!) then Rosie cooked curry for tea. Afterwards, Matt showed me the new Warhammer game on the PC which he continued to play as I went to catch up with Rosie in the living room - this included looking at all the wedding photos and her honeymoon photos. Kafelonia in Greece looks like such a nice place - I want to go there someday.

Nothing much else to write about Saturday, just lots of catching up and me noseying into my friends lives. We were all tired (why does travelling make you tired? Especially train travelling? I wasn't doing anything for 4 hours so it should make me feel rested!) and it was early to bed. Which was a good thing as Eloise gets up early and Sunday morning was the first time I had seen 8am for about 4 months!

That's it for now, I'll either write about Sunday later today or tomorrow.


Apart from that I want to say:

Thank You!

to Bonnie for sending me my great birthday present of T-shirt and CSI-key ring with magnifying glass. She is fantastic! :D :D :D

Also - my phone is now fixed. Oh it's good to be able to text again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.