October 17, 2004

More from my self-involved life

So it's Sunday. There's been a brief spell of sunshine outside but that disappeared quickly enough, now only grey and foreboding clouds remain. The kind of clouds that say "If you venture outside today, I'll get you with the wettest rain I can." So it looks like I'm staying in.

On-line dating has so-far proved a big :(. 28 people have seen my Match.com profile and not been impressed. Still, I've got some time left on my account so I'll use it up I think. I've written a few e-mails and recieved no replies, I've also 'winked' at a fair few people and recieved no responses either. Darned world! :P

Still, that's at the back of my mind at the moment. I did really well whilst Ward Walking around York hospital on Friday; I managed to get 7 requests for songs. Getting requests is actually more difficult than you'd think, once I 'pounce' on someone saying "Hello, my name is Chris and I'm from York Hospital Radio" to launch into your spiel (like a salesman I am) the last thing someone who is ill expects to do is to have to recommend a record for our requests program. Whenever I ask minds go blank. So to return, triumphant, to the studio with seven requests made my day.

Oh, I had a shopping accident the other day as well. Whilst wandering into town to put some money in the bank that my Dad had sent me (very nice man that he is), I spotted a shop that was having an "Everything Must Go" sale. The shop in question was "The Works: Publisher's Book Outlet". I wandered in to have a look around, expecting to pick up a cheap book or something and instead spotted something better. On the floor, near the counter, were X-Files video boxsets (yes, I know, video - yuck, but still...) They were £9.99 each (that's $18 according to Xe.com. Using my noggin I picked up series 2, 3 5, 6, 8 and 9. My housemate Simon has series 1 and 7 on video so I didn't need to buy them straight away and the shop wasn't stocking series 4. So I walked away with 6 X-Files boxsets and a grin on my face as wide as the Grand Canyon. I don't care what anyone else says, being geeky makes me happy. Which leads into my next point, that I'm nearly 200 pages into Stephen King's fantastic novel The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah.I heartily recommend them to all and sundry, great novels if you can allow your imagination to go with them (Stephen King certainly has!)

Anyways, I've got some TV to watch - WaT and JOA if it do ya (that's from the books, that "If it do ya" part). I'll even write some commentary today if I can find the time (it's 11:05 already, crumbs!)

x-posted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.