October 23, 2004

Obviously having free time wasn't good enough for me

So I've signed up for Nanowrimo this year. I'm actually quite looking forward to having a deadline again, something to focus on, something to give each day some meaning and some feeling of accomplishment. It's going to be hard work, I don't doubt that. I'm looking forward to it though. I've got lots of free time. I mean, work takes up 35 hours of my week, then there's 2 hours of driving lessons (4 hours this week I think) then the rest of the week is my own, that's 129 hours free. Bearing in mind I spend on average 7 hours a day asleep that leaves me with 80 hours a week to write the novel. That's 320 hours over the month of November (roughly, seeing as I can sleep less or work more. Plus there's time out for other things but still....) A quick sum gives me a rough output of 156.25 words an hour to fill that 50,000 word limit in 320 hours. I'm not going to work all those 320 hours so the actual output is going to have to be higher than that.

What a load of rambling just to say I've signed up for Nanowrimo and you can view my Nanowrimo blog whenever you wish to check on my progress. It's going to be a thriller book of some sort, with some paranormal elements to it. Other than that I'll see where the muse and my characters take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.