October 13, 2004

Wow, the memories

Tagliners.org has a small feature on the must buy set of "The Lost Boys" on DVD (link goes to Play.com). I remember this as being an outstandingly scary film when I was a young boy (the bit where the vamps sweep down on the police man at the start of the film scared me witless). Then, when I aged a little I remember scaryness changing to cheeseiness (sp?), especially with all the 80's haircuts the film contains. However, the cheeseiness is balanced out by having Kiefer Sutherland (now of worldwide 24 fame) in the lead 'baddie' role. Especially considering that this film was made so early on in Kiefer's career.

The thing I remember most about the film though is Alex Winter's HUGE part in it - he says one line, spends most of the film skulking around behind Kiefer. Why is that a thing? Because after Lost Boys, Alex goes on to a starring role in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" and "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey". Things go full circle though and a look at Alex's IMDB profile show that the last film he was in was Fever in 1999 where he played the uncredited part of a subway passenger. I wonder what Alex is doing now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.