November 05, 2004

Because I've stalled at 5,399 words

It's Friday Q time!:
FQ TOPIC: Obscurity.

FQ1: Share an obscure movie or show and tell use why we should watch it.

I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. It's a radio show that's been going for year upon year but very few people listen to it. It's the daftest piece of radio entertainment that's every existed and is always worth listening to! You can usually tell when I'm listening to it because I'm howling with laughter. Let me give you an example of a limerick that was created for the limericks round:

In a restaurant with veteran Pete Murray,
He demolished a vindaloo curry,
There came a great roar,
That rattled the floor,
And laid waste to vast areas of Surrey.

This was followed up a few miniutes later with:

While reading the exchange and mart,
A terrible noise made me start,
But I didn't worry,
It was only Pete Murray,
And with him it's not rude, it's an art.

There's loads of other daft rounds (One song to the tune of another, Chedder Gorge and Mornington Crescent...) Just 30 minutes of silliness. Try it - Buy a CD from Amazon or search BBC 7 for a show you can listen to online.

FQ2: Share an obscure band or musical talent and tell us why we should listen to it.

Oh darn, there's so MANY! I'll choose David Berkeley. His song 'Fire Sign' was on an episode of Without A Trace and that inspired me to get the album "After the Wrecking Ships". It is such a great album I can't recommend it enough. It's so melodic and well put together that everytime I listen to it I get something different out of it. The main star is David of course but he's supported by some excellent musicians and other vocalists and it's just such a great work of art. Top stuff.


FQ3: Share an obscure blog or web site and tell use why we should visit it.

Illwillpress.com.The home of Foamy the Squirrel cartoons.Foamy is a squirrel with a problem, he exists on the same planet with humans. They are cynical cartoons but well worth watching. Let Foamy become your lord and master.


FQ 15 Minutes: There will one day be an event in your life so big that it will drag you out of obscurity and make your name known to the entire world. Speculate on what it will be that brings you your 15 minutes of fame!

I'd love to be discovered as an entertainer. One day I'll be pushed by my friends onto the stage at a local pub entertainment open-mike night. Then it's onto Radio and TV - with songs and jokes I'll brighten people's days. I'll be on morning TV, Children in Need, Radio 2 - you know the kind of thing. Then, soon as it's begun it's over, but I'll have had a few albums out and done a string of live shows. I like the idea of being entertainer as my jokes aren't brilliant and neither is my singing but put them together,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.