November 27, 2004

Broswer technical speak

Cheers Dave2 from Blogography.com. Yes, I'm sure this blog does look lovely in Apple's Safari browser and I'm sorry to have left Apple users out of the last post. I think it's just Internet Explorer that's rubbish really! And cheers for pointing out that the "My Website" link didn't work on my blog - it was a domain-name thing, I just hadn't got it pointing anywhere specific.

Ideally I want a website which has my blog as part of the website. But I'm dumb and don't even know where to start looking for something like that. Anyway, you can now get here by using http://www.gledster2000.co.uk. Or you can just check my feed update in an RSS reader such as Bloglines.

As for iluvnufc, I'm not sure Opera has any advantages over Mozilla, it's just different to it. Check out Opera.com and you'll find a dedicated fan-base just as much in support of their browser as the people who run Firefox are. The main difference to my mind is that Opera comes with man things built in that Mozilla has to (or had to) have extensions for. Also, Opera has adverts in the free version, but the adverts are only 1.4 cm high (yes, I'm that sad, I measured) and since I've been using Opera for so long, I've kind-of blocked them out. There are websites that don't look right in Opera, just as I'm sure there are websites that don't look right in Mozilla (how does DVDSoon.com work for you in Mozilla?). It's just different is all. It's not publicised as much so it's got a smaller user-base but it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.