December 31, 2004

2004 meme

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?

Ran a mile for charity (I raised £40!); got a job in a warehouse; Graduated from Uni; invented an Internet Acronym; went to my first Arena concert - and LOVED it!

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I think last years New Years resolutions were:

1) Get to know people better on-line: Yeah, I'd say I've done that. Not to an amazing extent but there's a few people who I would say I know fairly well -I'm even speaking to one over the phone now. Cool! :D

2) Exercise more - I did that earlier on in the year, I went out on my bike every morning (except weekends). I've stopped now because I'm too tired in the mornings. But I do have a job wher eI'm on my feet all night so I'm not doing too bad.

3) Spend less - I think I achieved that. My bank account has remained pretty steady over the year. Whenever I feel I've spent too much I sell some things to make the balance back up. And I very rarely buy things at full price. Ebay rules.

This year my resolutions are:

1) Go out more: If I stay at Menzie's for a while I've got every Saturday night free. I really should make use of that and make a prat of myself in clubs and such. :)

2) Relax more: I do worry too much. Stopping now.

3) Fall in love: Can't predict that one!

4) Read more: I've got loads of books on my bookshelf waiting to be read and there's always new ones coming out. I must read them all!!!!!

5) Finish with old things completely before buying more: I have quite a few DVDs I've never watched, books I've never read and computer games I've never finished. That's going to stop now.

6) Sell all my old junk: These DVD's, books and computer games can make me a bob or two. Keep watching My ebay profile for exciting things in the new year!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My Cousin's wife had a little girl - Lauren.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Two of my friends had their Dad's pass away this year, one of which I've found a post about here.

5. What countries did you visit?
None

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A more active social life; a relationship.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 12th - Graduation Day from Uni - check my user pic!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing my driving test.

9. What was your biggest failure?
'Failing' to find a female who loves me. Otherwise I don't think I had many failures - I go out of my way to avoid them! :D

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh loads, stomach problems from not cooking pies in the oven long enough, colds, nose bleeds...I could go on. Nothing serious though.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Oooooohhhhhhhhhh I know this one! David Berkeley's Album After The Wrecking Ships. It's such a great album. I think that had I not copied it to my computer I would have worn the CD out by now!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My friend Rosie's. She got married! And she helped me through a bit of a low spot in February - April. She's great.

's. We don't talk as often any more because she's super busy and hey, there's a time difference, but I still consider her a good friend.

's. I was really touched that she sent me a Christmas present. I think I can honestly say that was the best present I recieved this Christmas, purely because of the thought behind it.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My friend Liz's earlier in the year; My brother's; My brother's girlfriends; My parents (wow that's a long list!)

14. Where did most of your money go?

DVDs; books; train tickets; food;

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Going to see Sheryl Crow in concert and going to see the Beautiful South in concert.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?

Sheryl Crow's - Steve McQueen

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder?

Happier - I'm more comfortable with myself, more relaxed with the idea of my parents getting divorced and just more used to life being the way it is.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Getting to know people, going out socially.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Feeling miserable for reasons that no one but me could understand.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

I spent Christmas with my Mum's side of the family. It was good fun, if unexciting.

21. How will you be spending New Years?

I'm at home. I don't want to go out around town by myself and I can't get to Driffield where my friends are so I'm at home. I'll play Xbox or watch Alias I think.

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?

Yes as posts like this show. It wasn't reciprocated and I hit the dirt hard.

23. How many one-night stands?

Zero - Want more in 2005!

24. What was your favorite TV program?

I'd have to say Joan of Arcadia as it's the show that moves me most each time I watch it.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No, I can't say that I do. I think I accept people more now than I used to!

26. What was the best book you read?

Oh, it was a while ago (yes I know, bad me!) but it was Jasper Fforde's - Something Rotten.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Buying David Berkeley's album - also that I LOVE seeing big bands live. Next is the Dixie Chicks and Bon Jovi - may even fly over to the US if I can afford it.

28. What did you want and got?

I wanted to be comfortable and watch DVDs all day and I certainly can now! I'm still working on other things.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

The Butterfly Effect. It was the movie that drew me in the most.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

As I posted I was at work. We had a laugh though. I went to my brother's the weekend after and got drunk. I also met his girlfriend - she was nice then.

32. What's one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Someone to come home to.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?

Jeans and T-shirt and Menzie's jacket. :P I work too hard.

34. What kept you sane?

Without a doubt my friend Rosie. Without her I would have been lost. Oh, my auntie Sandra is wise as well.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Jorja Fox/Jennifer Garner (it's 50/50, can I have them both?)

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

Most of the issues surrounding education.

37. Who did you miss?

Rosie when she went home; most of my mates when they're not around.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

Nell at work - she's as mad as a hatter and really nice, always willing to help out (and I found out her full name is Annelli which she doesn't like).

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.

Life can suck but don't let it get you down.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"Should've told me,
Seemed like an ordinary day.
Everything seemed to be ok.
Did it hurt you?
These are the scars you never show..."

Guess the song and you win a prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.