January 09, 2005

Dave2 - response to you

I do think you should go and see Phantom of the Opera. I've just taken one critic and here are some of his comments:

"First off, I just couldn't stand the music. So if the original Broadway score to Phantom of the Opera is one of your most cherished desert island discs, then please feel free to dismiss my complaints as some "guy" who just didn't get "it." I will contend that there's more art, heart, pulse and passion in five random minutes of Moulin Rouge then there is in the whole of The Phantom of the Opera's virtually endless behemoth."

Well if you don't like the music, you won't like the MUSICAL!!!!!!! So I think I can dismiss his comments from here on in, but he gets better:

"You all know the story by now, I'm sure. But here it is again: imagine a not very unique variation on the tired old "Beauty and the Beast" premise...".

Errrr, I'm pretty certain the French novel of this came first and I'm also fairly certain that this is based on a true story, whereas Beauty and the Beast is a mde up Disney Musical.

I know this very brief and lampooning a single 'critic' but don't believe them. I never do. And in my defense his was the first link, at the top of Rotten Tomatoe's page on Phantom.

Grrrrr, stupid critics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.