February 07, 2005

AVP and rant

I watched Aliens Vs. Predator this evening and thought I'd post my thoughts:

Not a bad film, not brilliant but not bad.

Lance Henriksen is one of the lead characters in a film where humans get mixed up in a ritual showdown between Aliens and Predators. I'm going to give this film some credit, Paul Anderson, the director, was hampered by the studio who, rumour has it, demanded that he reduce the violence and tone of the movie so it would get a lower certificate, all in the interest of sales. This of course limited what Anderson could do and I think he did a good job with the tools and lee-way he had available. The film does show the Predator view on life, the code as it were (the Predator doesn't attack Lance as he's already dying of cancer, but it DOES attack when provoked, the Predator chooses to fight the alien, it's natural enemy, over the human and so on...) and it also shows some damn good Alien models. BUT, and there's a big BUT, a Predator teams up with a human being! They become almost pals!!!! That is wrong in so many ways that I just can't list them!

And I'm tired now so I'm stopping there!


I'm back at work today. :( I don't know where the last 2 weeks went but I didn't get half the things done that I wanted to do. Ah well, never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.