February 01, 2005

Silly Moment

Background: My University are keeping a reference for me and when I left I was instructed by one of my tutors (CS) to e-mail her and update her so my reference could be updated and should I apply for teaching jobs then I can have a York St John reference at my disposal.

TODAY: Spent about 25 minutes writing said e-mail to keep my tutor up-to-date with the goings on (or not as it may be) in my life. Copied and pasted e-mail into Notepad in case it didn't send (I'm not silly me) and pressed send. Got a 'message delivery failure' back. I read it, couldn't see anything at all wrong with the e-mail so I go into panic mode, assuming this tutor has left and now I'm screwed as I'll have an out-of-date reference.

So I walk to Uni (15 minutes), go to see the ladies in the office to find out who I can give a printed copy of the e-mail to only for the lady in the office to immediately notice that I've transposed two of the letters in the e-mail address and that's why it didn't work.

Just one of those things.

But at least she's got the e-mail now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.