May 08, 2005

Someone agrees with me about Star Wars Episode 2

Okay, I often follow the links from someones blog when they have posted. In this case I followed a link from Neil's post on Java Embedding to another site called Breaking Windows which is a great site. Even better as they have a recent entry reviewing Star Wars Epsiode II on DVD. Their review includes the following sentence:

" The cheap, poorly written, and unbearably acted love saga between Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman kills the movie early on and it's lucky to recover at all. It's a necessary part of the story and it has to be included, just not in this way. Any memorable quotes that come from this film are spoken by these two, and that's not a good thing."

I have long thought that this film is nearly destroyed by the blossoming romance between Anakin and Padme. I mean any film which has, upon two characters first meeting after a long while, the following dialogue is appaling:

Anakin (stammering): You've grown. More beautiful I mean

The scary thing is that there were poeple paid lots of money and that's the best they can come up with? That worries and annoys me more than I can say. I dearly hope the lines in Episode 3 are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.