October 04, 2005

Comedy legend Ronnie Barker dies

"British TV comedy actor Ronnie Barker, who starred in Porridge and The Two Ronnies, has died aged 76."

I cannot express how saddened I am by this. The man was simply a legend. His comedy was what I call 'pure' comedy. He didn't have to humiliate, embarrass or hurt anyone to make people laugh; the only thing Ronnie Barker hurt was the English language, because he played with it so much. I've used his comedy so much to get through some of hte unhappier days of my life, especially when I was living at home, and I have some fond memories of my family sitting down and laughing at "The Two Ronnies" or "Open All Hours".

A legend has passed away, he will be greatly missed.

read more | digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.