October 06, 2005

Dad

It's only just hit me how much crap I'm in with my Dad. Margaret's going away on holiday soon and I'll be the only one caring for my father. She's sent me a long list of things I need to get sorted, starting with getting power of attorney over my Dad's affairs. I don't really know what I'm doing here. I DO know I'm in WAY over my depth. I mean, my Dad doesn't even shower by himself. Because he's so weak he can't, so I'm gonna have to wash and bath him. I'm not looking forward to that and I'm sure it's not what most 23 year old men in this country have to do but it seems to be my lot in life.

So tomorrow, even though I'm not at work, is gonna be a busy day. I need to:

- Talk to the Citizens Advice Bureau
- Talk to a Solicitor
- Take all the necessary forms over to Dad's
- Sort Dad out: get him to eat or drink something, and clean his teeth.
- Start thinking about sorting Dad's affairs
- Phone my Aunty and Margaret - I can't look after Dad by myself. I'm gonna need help.

I really am in over my head here. Sooo over my head.

alcoholism,power of attorney,so completely screwed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.