October 30, 2005

Zee Weekend

Not tooo bad a weekend. I had a fandomy day yesterday whereby I watched DVDs and indulged in all my favourite things WITHOUT feeling the usual guilt I feel when doing those things. So that's good.

I've managed to watch Clear and Present Danger, Patriot Games, Sum of All Fears and Dog Soldier since Friday. Now I'm on an X-Files stint, gonna watch S7 until 1am(ish).

Dad's doing ok - he had er...an excretory accident some time between Friday and today, so I've had to wash his jeans and t-shirt etc. Good marks to Bold 2in1 tablets for doing an excellent job.

I bought Angel S5 on video from The Works publishers book outlet in York. Well, actually there are 2 'Works' shops in York and I bought 2 boxsets from one and 2 from another (they're on £9.99 BOGOF). However, in the first one, because I was in a rush I picked up a S3 and S5 boxset when I actually MEANT to pick up a S4 and a S5 boxset. I've taken the shrinkwrap off too so I can't take the S3 one back. Darn it. Instead I'm trying to sell it on Ebay just to get a few pounds back. We'll see.

Saw my ex-housemates on Friday - they still make me laugh (intentionally and unintentionally). Tried to watch HIGNFY but everyone was too noisey. I didn't mind though, it was funny.

I'm sure there are other things I wanted to type but I've forgotten now.

Oh yeah, I don't think I'm gonna manage Nano this month, I've just got far too much to worry about. Maybe I'll do my own private Nano in the new year (if I can get another job when this one ends *sigh*).

Oh, and thanks to >Dave2 for commenting about L&O being on nearly all the time in the US. However, even if I was in the US I'd still probably buy the DVDs, for 3 main reasons:-

- I'm a collector/horder - I like having lots of stuff!

- I'm really picky about reading/watching things in the order they were meant to be read/watched in. That can't always be guranteed with broadcasts on different networks.

- I'm also really picky about how I organise my time somedays so I'd end up missing episodes if I tried to stick to conventional broadcast times. With DVDs I can watch when I want.

Simple as that.

Hope everyone who reads this is ok, and I'm not just saying that, I really do hope you're ok (yes, I'm THAT overly-sentimental).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.