November 27, 2005

I'm back again....

As I write this I'm watching Without A Trace 4x09 (in a small window) and I'm SURE that's 'Q' from Star Trek there. It's most likely not but there's something, some resemblance there. I'd check IMDB but I'm too lazy. :P

I've written a bunch of Christmas cards to my friends on the internet. If you want one then e-mail me, the address is on the right there -------->.

I'm off to see Dad tomorrow. He seems happy enough sometimes where he is but I know that if he had more than one friend in the place where he was living, he'd be happier still. Plus he'd be able to play dominoes/cards/chess etc. All of which would use his brain and that's what he's always enjoyed doing. I've got him some cards to play with, so at least he can play Solitaire for the moment.

I haven't updated much recently as I just haven't felt like it. No disrespect to you oh wonderful on-line friends, sometimes it's just hard to motivate myself.

I will finish this entry with the traditional Christmas meme:-

Christmas Meme

Step One

  • Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ/blog. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for [insert seasonal celebration here] is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.


  • If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.


  • Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ/blog so that the holiday joy will spread.


Step Two

  • Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:


  • If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.


  • You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.


  • There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.


I did this last year and an amazingly kind soul bought me something off my list. I was touched at the generosity of people on the internet. I also granted a few wishes last year too. This year my finances are a LOT tighter so I can't be the granter that I was last year, but I'll try.

Anyway, My list:-

  1. My Dad, safe, settled and happy in a home of some description.

  2. My Brother to speak to me again in a civilised manner.

  3. To be able to see my second niece grow up as I wasn't able to see the first one do so.

  4. To own Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for Xbox (only £3.96 from Amazon Marketplace HINT HINT)

  5. To own Tatio Legends for Xbox

  6. To own Man Walks into a Bar: The Ultimate Collection of Jokes and One-liners

  7. An upgrade to my Photobucket or Flickr accounts

  8. For my friend Kathryn's anxiety to reduce to bearable levels

  9. To own a 2006 calendar that will make me smile everyday

  10. To own a 2006 calendar that will make me drool every day


If you've done your list can you comment with a link to it please? I might be able to grant a wish eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.