December 30, 2004

Today

Ok, so as you may or may not know I work 6pm until 2am at a warehouse. I don't drink coffee. To maintain that schedule I drink Coca Cola (of some description) or other sugary drinks (depending on my mood). Last night I did consume quite a few cans of soft drink. This may have had something to do with the fact that I couldn't get to sleep until 5:45am. 5:45AM!!!!!!!! Let me put that in perspective:

1) I got home just after 2:25am.

2) After some faffing with my PC which is dying on me slowly I logged on to the 'net to check my e-mails and LJ friends page.

3) I loaded up Yahoo Messenger and spotted, with glee, that was online! Along with someone who I've met on Match.com.

4) I eventually shut the PC down at 4am.

5) I couldn't get to sleep. I eventually gave up tossing and turning and worrying and did something proactive. I warmed some milk and brought it to bed with me and drank it whilst reading Last Orders at the Liar's Bar: The Story of The Beautiful South. Eventually I dropped off at what I can only guess at being 5:45am.

Strangely though, I'm not tired. :) I probably will be tomorrow!

Anyway, the point of this post was to say that, despite lack of sleep I've achieved some things this morning. Mainly that I realised I want Windows XP on this machine so I can sign up to Napster and, in the future, get an Ipod and so on. To that end I've been on a Ebay spree:

1) 256mb SD Ram x2 + AMD Duron 1300Mhz

and

2) New Duron 1.4Ghz/Celeron Fan.

I'm waiting 'till I get the above before splashing out on XP. If the ram doesn't work then I'd have a useless copy of XP laying about!

Oh, and I've also signed up for a Gravatar for all the blogs I read. Now I'm going to get dressend (I only got up at 12:50 pm), wander in to town and treat myself to some Xbox goodies to waste New Years Eve on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.