December 29, 2004

I'm back!

Well, I'm back after Christmas. Actually, that's a lie, I returned to York on Monday night but this is the first time I've actually sat down at my computer to go through my e-mails and such like. So, update time:

Christmas

Christmas was fun but not really exciting. Like Amy Lena, my Christmas just was. I saw some family, swapped some presents, ate and drank lots but it wasn't earth-shattering and ground breaking. I think one reason for this in my family is that my Mum puts SO much pressure into getting Christmas 'right' that she turns what is meant to be a fun and relaxing time into a time of hard work. Still, it was a fun and relaxing way to spend a few days.

Presents

I wasn't going to do this title but Christmas IS a time when gifts are exchanged so I'll do a brief summary of the top of my head:


  • Sherlock Holmes - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremey Brett 6 DVD box set

  • 120Gb Hard Disk for my PC

  • Simpsons Super Pinball game

  • James Patterson - London's Burning book

  • Clothes (shirts, socks, simpsons pyjama bottoms)

  • Cash & book tokens

  • Chocolates :) including a tube of 60(!) Jaffa Cakes

  • A rather snazzy metal figurene of a blacksmith complete with gem - will post a photo of it later



  • I'm sure I got some other things but I'm kind of tired and these are just the ones I can see from my seat here.

    Entertainment
    Watched the Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silk Stocking on the BBC, as well as Midsomer Murders and Parkinson over Christmas. I was impressed with Sherlock Holmes, especially as it wasn't written by Conan Doyle, it still suited the series very well.

    Real Life

    Oohhh, exciting news! It's entirely possible that I'm going to go around Europe sometime in the Spring. Sounds like a good idea to me. We're going to be using trains to visit as many capital cities as possible. If the idea comes to fruition it should be good.

    In other news I'm going to be selling off a load of DVDs and magazines and old PC games in the new year. If you're interested leave a comment and I'll see what I can do. I'll put a list up sometime soon.

    Hope everyone who reads this had a great and relaxing Christmas. :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.