June 25, 2004

Big update and Friday Q!

Well, I really should update shouldn't I?

Primal Fear
I didn't write about this because half-way through I realised I'd seen it before. Grrrrr. I was all excited about it and everything. LOL. It's also an idea that I now realise CSI pinched in the episode 1x17 Face Lift. Still, it's a good film, Richard Gere is a damn good actor and Maura Tierney is SOOOOOO adorable.

The Sheryl Crow Gig
That was a good couple of days. I arrived in Manchester early Tuesday afternoon and had a few hours to myself, wandering around, taking in some of the sights. There was the Tim Henman tennis match on a big screen in one of the squares - you could watch it free of charge, so I did for a bit as my feet were hurting! I managed to get around without spending too much money - I was tempted to splash out on books and DVDs and even some new jeans but I didn't.

Anyways, got to the MEN arena early so I had McDonalds. Found my seat (yes I bought a seated ticket, I thought it would be necessary seeing as I knew I'd have my back and all) and waited for the arena to fill up. It took a while, during which time it was kind of quiet around the area of the arena where I was. Still, soon enough people filled the seats around me and the gig started - with Natasha Bedingfield doing a 30 minute set to open the gig. She was good and her songs were upbeat and catchy - I might even try her album!

However, the main problem of the night was that the giant video screen wasn't working. You could see the staff trying to start it up but it wasn't playing ball so early on into Sheryl's gig the arena staff came round and handed out standing floor-passes to anyone who wanted one! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sheryl herself was superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were some problems with the sound and stuff early on - with one of the guitarists constantly talking to a roadie on stage, something was bothering him and part way through Sheryl asked if we could hear a ringing sound. I couldn't, I was having an amazing time. My night was only ever so slightly spoilt by the two very drunk middle-aged (between 38 and 45 years old I'd say) blonde women who took a shine to me. They wouldn't bloody well leave me alone! LOL. Still, it amused me until one of them asked if I was gay. That kind of took the wind out of my sails a bit! Still, the gig went on, Sheryl doing a load of my favourites (and her most popular songs) but she also did Riverwide and finished with a brilliant version of Safe and Sound with her on the piano and heart-string-tugging images and text on the wall screens behind her.

After the gig my God-parents took great care of me, feeding me and looking after me. Lots of chatter and banter - I was told off for not visiting them for 4 years (bascially the whole of my Uni life) for which I apologised! Everything esle went smoothly. I got the train home on time, ploughed through the Stephen King novel I'm reading (The Waste Lands) and just had a relaxing time.

Nothing much has happened over the past few days - just got to book a moving van and send off an application form for a job this afternoon. Such fun! Anyways, on to the Friday Q:

FQ TOPIC: Liar.

FQ1: Lie about where you spent your last vacation.

I spent my last vacation with Jorja Fox and William Petersen in Las Vegas. We hung out, relaxed, watched a few films. They had to shoot some scenes on CSI which didn't bother me - I got back stage passes and talked to the rest of the actors and crew. It was superb!!!!

FQ2: Tell an untruth about your last romantic encounter.

Well, I shouldn't kiss and tell but I'm sure Jennifer Garner won't mind! We had a meal (for which I paid) then it was back to my house for a nightcap. Seperate beds though - we haven't known each other that long!

FQ3: Fib about the last gift you received

It was a top of the range PC with surround sound and LCD-TFT screen. It just blew me away and I can't be grateful enough to my brother who bought it for me.

FQ DARE: This time tell the truth on all the above!

FQ1T(ruth):

My last holiday was spent on a cruise around the canary islands with Margaret and my Dad. It was very relaxing but the excitement level was low.

FQ2T:

I think I'd have to class those 2 middle age women at the Sheryl Crow concert as a 'romantic encounter'. They certainly took a shine to me. No kissing or anything though - ewwwwwwwww (they were wrinkly and drunk - not a good combination!)

FQ3T:

It was from Rosie and was a little computer thing for my bicycle - tells me my speed, average speed, distance covered, all that kind of stuff. It's great and has improved my cycling no end!

That's it for now!

Oh, congrats to Mark Lewins, he's managed to become romantically entwined with an exceedingly nice girl by all accounts. Well done sir!

Thanks for the comments all - keep them coming! :D I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation! Of course, if you're a SPAMMER you can FOAD! Have a nice day.